The NHE is the philanthropic arm of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping the housing industry develop more effective approaches to home building, enhancing education and training for future generations of leaders in residential construction and increasing the body of knowledge on housing issues. It does so by supporting innovative and effective programs that further Education, Training and Research in the residential construction industry.
Building upon the proud history of NAHB’s wide range of support for construction education, the National Housing Endowment, Home Builders Institute (HBI), and state and local home builders associations (HBAs) continue to find avenues to educate students on the many opportunities a career in construction offers.
For more information about each scholarship, please visit the pages for each program.
- The International Builders’ Show Scholarship provides monetary support to NAHB Student Chapter members to help offset travel expenses related to attendance and participation in activities surrounding the annual International Builders’ Show. Application available now.
- This scholarship was created to honor Herman J. Smith and his lifelong commitment to the housing industry and the education of future generations of home builders.
- Pulte Group established the Pulte Group/National Housing Endowment Build Your Future Scholarship in 1999. These scholarships provide tuition assistance to undergraduate students pursuing careers in the building industry.
- Mr. Evans, an educator and consultant, has taught thousands of builders how to better manage their businesses. The Evans’ endowed gift, along with the generous contributions of many of Mr. Evans’ friends, colleagues and former students, created the scholarship fund to assist in addressing the pressing need for educating and training construction managers in the residential building industry.
- This scholarship fund encourages students to further their education in housing industry-related programs.
- National Housing Endowment/EOC Student Scholarship Fund The National Housing Endowment/EOC Student Scholarship (formerly the Bill Carr Scholarship) is awarded to children of Executive Officers in pursuit of a college degree. Funding is through Executive Officer contributions and interest accrued by the Endowment. The scholarship program is managed by the National Housing Endowment/EOC Student Scholarship Subcommittee. To date, more than 170 students have received funds totaling more than $206,500.
- Various donors also have established funds that are targeted to students and scholars at particular institutions or programs, or for purposes beyond direct tuition support, including fellowships and scholarly and field research.