- To promote the mission and purposes of the Association for Career and Technical Education, as established in the ACTE Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, Article II.
- To serve as a unifying agency for personnel in all types of career and technical education.
- To assume and maintain active state leadership in initiating, expanding, improving, and promoting Career and Technical Education.
- To act as a central agency in keeping the people of the state informed of the mission, scope, needs, quality, importance, and contributions of Career and Technical Education and the Association.
- To promote the organization and maintenance of active affiliated local and collegiate chapters.
- To provide a state open forum for the study and discussion of all questions involved in career and technical education.
Executive Director Ruth Huff 7021 Goshen Road Oxford, NC 27565 Tel:(919)693-3962 Fax:(877)663-1146
Career and Technical Student Organization…
North Carolina DECA
North Carolina FCCLA
North Carolina FFA
North Carolina Future Business Leaders of America
North Carolina Health Occupations Students Association
SkillsUSA North Carolina
The North Carolina Technology Student Association
Business Professionals of America
Distributive Education Clubs of America
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
Future Business Leaders of America National
Health Occupations Students of America
Technology Student Association National
The National FFA Organization
Education and Legislation…
North Carolina CTE
North Carolina Public Schools
North Carolina Attorney General’s Office
North Carolina Department of Commerce
North Carolina Governor’s Office
North Carolina General Assembly
U.S. Department of Education
U.S. Department of Labor
U.S. House of Representatives
- CTE Remains a Top Priority for State Leaders in 2015Today, ACTE and NASDCTEc released, “State Policies Impacting CTE: 2015 Year in Review.” The report provides a comprehensive scan of all newly passed policies impacting CTE across the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Preparing a Globally Competent Workforce Through High-Quality Career and Technical EducationThe Asia Society, Longview Foundation, NASDCTEc and ACTE released a joint publication, Preparing a Globally Competent Workforce Through High-Quality Career and Technical Education. Learn more about the paper and participate in our Tweet Chat and webinar!
- 350 Employers, Industry and Education Organizations Call on Congress to Renew the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education ActToday, 350 employers, industry associations, education organizations, and other key stakeholders throughout the nation called on Congress to strengthen the primary federal investment in CTE.
1410 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
P: 800-826-9972 F: 703-683-7424