Home Builders Association of W-S
Career Technical Education Partnership
Whether you are in middle school, high school, or going back to school, Career Technical Education can help get you started in a career you can be proud of in the Construction Trades.
Our team works together with schools, community colleges and local business to help local students…
– Build a Habitat home as a high school student
– Graduate with tools required to get started with a career in the trades
– Continue their education at a local community college
– Recognize their potential and find a career they love
– Provide scholarships to students continuing in construction trades at FTCC
Ryan Froelich, Chair, email Ryan, 336.399.7247
Justin Draughn, Co-Chair, email Justin, 336.909.1800
Staff Liaison: Bev Hayes, email Bev, 336.464.8001
Committees and councils of the Home Builders Association of W-S raising funds to support CTE students
– Career Technical Education Committee
– raising funds to provide scholarships to two masonry students at Kennedy High School in Winston-Salem to continue in construction trades at Forsyht Technical Community College.
– Professional Women in Building Council
– Fund raises to provide scholarship opportunities to top students in the Carpentry program at the Career Center (WSFCS) to continue in construction related courses at Forsyth Technical Community College.
– Associate Members Committee works to provide…
– Scholarships for students to attend local and national SkillsUSA competitions
– Funds to cover hard costs of student’s required uniforms for the carpentry program
– Working Partnership with the W-S Chamber and NCDOT for the Construction Career Fair
– Remodelers Council
– Raises funds to provide tool-belts and tools for graduating seniors in the Carpentry Program at WSFCS Career Center
HBAWS is committed to investing in students who are interested in construction trades education. Call 336.768.4942 for information about merit-based scholarships (for WSFCS Career Center Students applying for admission into the Construction, Electrical or Plumbing Curriculums at Forsyth Technical Community College).